Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Drinking Coffee Religiously

Good morning!

I've never been shy about how much I love coffee. In fact, soon after I started this blog, I posted a New York Times piece that offered plenty of reasons why coffee is healthy. Just the other day, another article surfaced, maintaining that there are at least 11 reasons why I should drink coffee everyday.

Needless to say, I'm convinced.

That's not to say I don't tweak my coffee drinking habits from time to time. For awhile, my father-in-law has been appealing to my faith to get me to add milk and honey to my coffee like he does. "It's the only biblical way to drink coffee!" he tells me frequently when we're gathered around the coffee pot.

I finally tried it a few months ago. And then again. Now, I drizzle in a teaspoon of honey and mix in some milk just about every time I drink coffee at home. I'm not going to say that I've noticed any changes in my health yet, but research says that there are many, many, many health benefits to honey. With all the coffee options in both America and Europe, I wonder if any shops offer honey as an alternative to sugar?

Regardless, whether in reference to the Promised Land or John the Baptist, there's no doubt that honey is both a symbolic and dietary theme throughout the Bible. As a convert, I appeal to my coffee drinking friends with all the wisdom of Solomon“Eat honey, my son, for it is good."


1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm also a fan of coffee, but I must admit that mixing honey is new to me. I must try that. I am fully aware of the health benefits of coffee, and I've heard about the health benefits of honey, so maybe combining the two would give me a real health boost. Thanks for sharing that!

Zachary Swartz @ JavaKingCoffee.com