Monday, January 30, 2012

Random Thoughts on Milk

Milk has been on my mind more than you would normally expect a beverage of such bland taste to be.  Here's why:

1. Enoh spilled his milk the other day...and didn't cry. I gained some confidence as a parent when I realized that he is already following the advice of at least one famous proverb. 

2. A friend came over to take care of Ian while I took Enoh to preschool and Petra was away. Being Croatian, she decided to warm up the milk in the microwave before pouring it on his corn flakes. Being American, I was repulsed. Being a toddler who eats just about everything, Ian didn't seem to mind. 

3. After looking at the stats they keep here at blogger, I realized that the most popular post I have written in my 3.5 years of blogging is the one on acerpohobia. And you know what is even more bizarre than the majority of my traffic coming from a few thoughts about a phobia most people don't know exists? The fact that they are doing so because I spelled it wrong! So thank you to all of you who have visited the culture shock weblog simply because my post is the first one listed on the incorrectly spelled google search for the fear of sour milk. Yes, my blog beat out the news alert that a Cravendale poll named "acerphobia" "the most common phobia in the UK". Apparently acerophobia trumped the fear of "big hairy spiders". It's Acer-O-phobia, Cravendale. Get it right. (And watch your traffic go down.)

This has been random thoughts on milk.  Join us next time.

No comments: