Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Fill 'er up!

Sixteen dollars and two cents.

That's the price I paid to fill my gas tank from dangerously empty to overflowingly full today.

A month ago, right before we left Croatia, it cost us approximately $70 to fill up our new car.

In case you hadn't heard, the price of gas here in America has plumitted in the last few months from around $4 a gallon to under $2. The price I paid today was $1.74 a gallon. And if you're like me, you might be a little skeptical. Why the sudden drop? I haven't gotten a solid answer yet. The decrease in price seems to have come at a rather convenient time given our "Materialism is the reason for the season" attitude in America.

But the fact remains; fuel is significantly more expensive in Europe. Guess I'll have to prepare for culture shock at the gas station when we get back.

3 comments:

Laci and Keri Németh said...

the same amount of gas is now approximately 40 dollars in Croatia...

It is going down like crazy here too... Its like 6.6 kuna a liter...
I am not complaining...

If it does not stops I am afraid that soon the gas stations will pay us to stop and get a full tank for free... :)

L tha cynical

Jeremy said...

Wow, maybe my theory is wrong! That's a little more manageable.

Laci and Keri Németh said...

Plus the reason why it is cheaper in the USA is because the USA is very poor. We here in Europe have a LOT OF MONEY so we can afford more expencive gas :)